Thursday, February 12, 2009

KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON

Well, the backup never came last night in Penn State's loss to Purdue. If anything the team, which once again failed to score more than 30 in a half, looked even more tired and lifeless than against Wisconsin last Saturday.

It's no secret that star guard Talor Battle is currently in an awful slump he can't seem to shake, and when Battle struggles the team struggles. Although the sophomore had six assists, he failed to score any points for the first time this season. going 0-7 from the floor with three turnovers.

However, his struggles stem farther than anybody can see from watching the Big Ten Network. According to an article by David Jones posted on Pennlive.com, Battle is currently struggling with things off-court which clearly have had an impact on him and his presence on-court. Read the entire article to see exactly what i mean.

Read the entire article here...

How coach Ed DeChellis is going to keep the team motivated and hungry on the court is a key question at this time. After the Lions win against Michigan State, fans were looking at the remaining schedule wondering who could possibly beat this team. Now, only two weeks later, it's tough to pick out a winnable game.

I personally am doing my my best to keep the Nittany Lions in good spirits. Maybe some of them just need some extra reps in the gym, maybe some need some positive reassurance. But what if maybe...just maybe, all they really need is a friend?

Bam! Like an injection into A-Rod's left buttock, I come flying in. By friending all of the Nittany Lions on Facebook this morning while at work, I did more than any late-night gym session ever could. I showed that I care.

By Talor Battles response, I know he cares too.





I expect the W's to come back beginning with an explosive and motivated performance at home against Minnesota on Saturday. You can thank me later.

No comments: