Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SUPER FAT TUESDAY

Erin Andrews isn't the only one excited for tonight's game against Ohio State (17-8, 7-7). For only the fourth time this season, the Lions will be playing in front of a national audience (Big Ten Network doesn't count) on ESPN. This is not only exciting because the game will be in HD against a team I absolutely despise, but I won't have to run to a bar after work praying that they'll turn on the Big Ten Network (this is not only bad for my drinking habits, but also my wallet).

The game, which is set to tip-off at 7:00 pm, is part of ESPN's Super Tuesday, which features a couple of key "bubble-breaker" match ups across their networks. Calling the game will be my personal favorite announcer Brett Musburger along with Steve Lavin. Andrews will be calling the shots from the sideline.

The Lions, who will be trying to make their case for a tournament berth, will get a great chance to showcase their talent to the committee (I'm guessing not all committee members have the BTN). This is also an great shot to inch closer to a first round bye in the Big Ten Tournament, which has never happened to PSU. The Buckeyes have lost three straight and have turned their focus from winning the Big Ten, to just making the tournament.

Step aside Mardi Gras, Penn State hoops is stealing the national spot light tonight (well, unless Andrews really wants some beads).

1 comment:

Mark said...

Erin Andrews is FINE. It makes my afternoon/evening everytime I see her the grace the sidelines.

This game is crucial for our tournament hopes. Plus, it doesnt hurt when we get a national audience to watch it. This is our first crack of the season at 20 wins. I feel that 20 wins can get us in...hopefully. Have we ever had 20 wins in a season?