Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FIRST POST...

So here goes, my first post on a blog. Hopefully this post will accompany a Penn State win over Michigan, in extreme fashion, for the first time in 12 years.

Let's think about that number; 12. Since tomorrow is my birthday (October 16), and I am turning 22, that means Penn State last beat Michigan when I was ten-years old ( I know...basic math). That's way too long to go without a victory against a specific team; especially one as hated as Michigan. Penn State has proven that it can beat every team in the Big 10 since 1996, except for Michigan. This is the Lions' year to put the demons to rest and deliver RichRod and the rest of those corn and blue wearing football players a thorough beating that has 12 years of frustration behind it.

Look for Aaron Maybin to be a force all day in the Michigan backfield. I feel that he will apply the same type of pressure that he did against Wisconsin and its mammoth offensive linemen. However, I think he will be even more of a factor in this game. Also, look for Navarro Bowman to be a huge factor as well. I can't wait to see Sam McGuffie get lit up by Navarro early in the first quarter.

I think Darryl Clark will have another big day (I'm thinking 2 rushing and 2 passing touchdowns). Evan Royster will have another stellar day; probably a 100+ rushing day with 1 or 2 tds. Look for the first play of the game to be a play-action pass deep downfield to Derrick Williams, which will set the tone for the day.

I'm posting this video as evidence that it is NEVER too early to start hating Michigan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fc5os23mI


This post I understand may not be as thorough as others that are posted on this great blog (again, great job, Joe). However, it is the first one I have posted, so I'll get better. As for this weekend...LETS GO STATE!!!!

1 comment:

AndyPsu07 said...

Nice work!! Likewise, I feel that our defense will have a huge day. If our special teams can keep Michigan deep in their territory as we did against Wisconsin, (10 of the Badgers' 14 drives began inside their 21 yd line), Michigan will have a very long day. One other thought: How many of us were stressing when Evans got suspended?? Now that he's back, he can barely even get on the field. Maybin is a BEAST