Friday, October 17, 2008

STREAKS

The buzz around the media circuit seems to be centered around our streak of futility against Michigan. That streak sits at 12 years, which translates into 9 games. However, I just heard on ESPNU that there is an even more impressive/depressive (whichever side of it you're on)streak out there; it is Missouri's losing streak against Texas. The last time Missouri has beaten Texas was 1896! Talk about dominance over another team.

Enough talking about other teams. Let's move on to our game. I see this game going one of two ways; either its a close game through the first quarter, or maybe half or we flat out dominate from start to finish. In the first scenario, I see a game similar to Notre Dame last year, where we are clearly the dominant team but shoot ourselves in the foot numerous times on the way to winning comfortaby. I do not see this happening though. This team is so much different than last years. I see a more motivated team which has a ton of leadership on both sides of the ball. I see us opening up the playbook and showing the rest of the nation that we are for real (and to shut Mark May up once and for all). There are some doubters still out there, and this is a game to help make them see the light. I understand that Michigan may be down this year, and a blow out win probably will not be that impressive to outsiders, but this win can give us the necessary momentum before our showdown with Ohio State.

My prediction for this weekend........48-6 (I debated making my prediction 51-10). So take either one. Hopefully it is close. I just do not want a close game.

Enjoy Homecoming Weekend/the game everyone and LETS GO STATE!!

No comments: